CALL FOR PROPOSALS - Africa Climate Change Project
The Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom’s Africa Regional Office is issuing a call for proposals for the Climate Change Project: Smart Cities – low carbon growth and adaptation to climate change in both a metropolitan as well as a social enterprise community project. Although, Africa is among the continents with the least negative impact on climate change, according to the UN, it is one of the greatest sufferers. 1.3 billion people live on the African continent. This number is expected to double in the next 32 years. This project seeks solutions to the extent that infrastructure policies and market mechanisms can help to manage the impacts of climate change by applying democratic practices and good governance to citizens in Africa. FNF is looking for an innovative project that finds green solutions to environmental challenges of cities or communities. There will be two awards for the successful applicants. One for a metropolitan and another one for a social enterprise community based project.
FRIDAY APRIL 24TH, 2020
1. Bidders must come from countries within the Sub-Saharan Africa Region.
2. The metropolitan bidder must be a recognized and legal city under the law of the particular country.
3. The social enterprise community project must be a legally registered entity.
REQUIREMENTS FOR BIDDERS
1. Project must already be established and running for a period of more than one year.
2. Bidder is to submit a report of what the project has achieved thus far and describe the challenges.
3. Bidder is to report on how many staff are involved in the project thus far as well as whether the staff compliment will increase or decrease.
4. Bidder is to note any small initiatives with their office environment that they embark on as a collective to reduce their carbon footprint.
5. Bidder is to note all stakeholders in the project.
6. Bidder is to submit a proposal detailing how they intend to use the money for the project.
7. Bidder is to submit a current financial report on the project being proposed.
8. The event/project must be completed by October 2020.
Eligible projects include training, workshops, citizen awareness raising, campaigns, exchange of best practices and publications. Purchases of equipment, vehicles, financing of construction measures and personnel costs are not eligible for funding.
PRICE VALUE OF BID
The metropolitan project will receive a total sum of EUR 12,500. The social enterprise community project will receive a total sum of EUR 12,500.